Re: Weired display mis-alignment in xserver

Subject: Re: Weired display mis-alignment in xserver
From: Gary C. Wang (quartertone@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 12:37:51 MDT

--- John Norair <splinemodel@mac.com> wrote:
> OK, I've run xconfigurator and I know what my monitor can do. When
> I'm
> running the shell, everything displays nicely, but if I launch an
> xserver, the display becomes misaligned and, in general, all f--ed
> up.

If it's what I think you're talking about, i experienced the same
thing. The first time i started up the xserver, my screen (Powerbook G3
series 1998 "Wallstreet" 300MHz, 1024x768) displayed, but with a
vertical and horizontal line where i guess 800x600 would have been. I
could get to the rest of the desktop by moving my mouse "off screen" to
make the display scroll.. Anyway, I fixed it by selecting only ONE
possible resolution in the display configuration. I don't remember the
console command for it, but it worked... hope this is what you're
looking for.
gary