newbee questions

Subject: newbee questions
From: Robert Fuchs (robert@mbl-arch.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 13:47:00 MDT

Hi, this is my first experience with linux OS so please
be patient with me. I have installed YDL 1.2 on my
B&W SCSCI G3 and it is running fine. I have not been able
to connect to the server via chooser. I can in chooser type
in the server IP address of the CPU and it sees the fileserver
and I hear it hit the drive. It will not allow me to connect even
as a guest because no drives show up. I can type in the the IP
address of the browser and it pulls up the IT WORKS page. Is
this done through the netatalk program? Also how do I get YDL
to mount my internal CD & my External SCSCI CDRW drives. I
would also like to know what external tape back-up to get that
works with YDL. We need 20 gig of back-up. I know this may be abit
much but I am completely lost at this moment. I will also need all
of our WIN machines to see the server also. I did install the entire
CD to make sure everything I would need is at least installed. Currently
the only use for this machine will be as a file server so if there are
things
I can uninstall than please let me know.
Thanks,
Rob