Performa 6400/180 second drive

Subject: Performa 6400/180 second drive
From: William R Simpson (ffwrs@aurora.uaf.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 15:56:12 MDT

I have an old Performa 6400/180 and want to put YDL onto it. I have two
questions:

1) It appears that a performa 6400 is the same as a powermac 6400, which
is supported. The YDL web site doesn't list the performa 6400 at all, so
I wanted to confirm that it will work on my machine. Possibly you would
like to add the Performa 6400 to the list of functional machines.

2) I want to use a second hard drive and it seems that I may have two

o The computer has an IDE (ATA) hard drive in it, and I guess I could add
a second ATA drive to this cable.

o The apple web site tells me that I can add a SCSI hard drive to the
system (it is pre-cabled for an additional SCSI device).

Would you recommend either option? Will either be faster, better,
cheaper?

Thanks for the information and I look forward to using YDL.

Bill