Error booting pre-install

Subject: Error booting pre-install
From: Ken Scott (ken@optikos.net)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 22:10:43 MDT

Hi,

I am trying to install YDL 1.2 on a G3-500 Powerbook with 256MB of RAM. I
partitioned the drive as per the page at
http://modctek.com/linux_report.htm. When I boot into Open Firmware, I
have to type: boot hd:9,yaboot.tbxi. This goes to the green screen where I
see the following:

Welcome to yaboot version 0.5
Config file read 272 bytes

Welcome to YellowDog Linux!
Hit <TAB> for boot options

boot:
ramdisk loaded at 0x01467000, size=721932 bytes

DEFAULT CATCH!, code=300 at %SRR0: 011ec498 %SRR1: 00003030
  ok
0 >

and then I have to shut off the machine and restart.

Can anyone tell me what is happening? I believe that I have done
everything correctly, and I used MacGZip to unzip the kernel image that I
put on my 32MB HFS partition.

It looks like the kernel and ramdisk file are extracting, but it's dying
right after that. Could my CD disk be bad? It's a copy of my friends CD.

Ken Scott

--
><>   Ken Scott   kscott@pcisys.net   http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

              This is the day that the Lord has made;
              I will rejoice and be glad in it!          -- Psalm 118:24