modprobe appletalk?

Subject: modprobe appletalk?
From: Tams Darrin (Tams_Darrin@stvrain.k12.co.us)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 12:54:01 MDT

I've installed CS1.2 on both a bronze Powerbook and an iBook.

On the PB netatalk works great after having added the 'modprobe appletalk'
to the atalk script.

But on the iBook I am not having the same luck. Yes connecting via tcp/ip
works fine, but the client's I'm dealing with need the service to show up in
the chooser (ease of the customer). My alternative will be to set up an
alias of the server on the desktop of the connecting macs, but would rather
not do this.

When starting the service I get the following message:

starting Appletalk services: eth0: disabled.atalkd: zero interface, exiting.
bind: Cannot assign requested address
bind: Cannot assign requested address [OK]

Any help at understanding why one works and the other doesn't and what can
be done to resolve the issue is appreciated.

 --

  Allegro Arranged by: