Best Way to record sound to mp3

Subject: Best Way to record sound to mp3
From: William K. Gibson (firstdesk@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 12:11:33 MDT

Hi all,

I want to record sound from the input mike of my mac and convert it directly
to mp3 in real time. Is this possible? And what are the best tools to use
for this. I've tried compiling a bunch like grecord and krecord, etc. etc.
but none of them want to work. Seems strange, because there are some great
programs out there for recording from CD, but none from the mic in that
work.

If it cant be done in realitime, what is a good .wav generator for YDL? I
can use lame after that.

Oh, also, there was this thing I found called streamripper that seemed
really cool:

http://www.bigfreakinserver.com/master/streamripper.php3

Anyone know if one could get this to work for YDL?

Thanks in advance!

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com