Re: X, Titanium Powerbook and YDL 2.0

Subject: Re: X, Titanium Powerbook and YDL 2.0
From: D. J. Waletzky (redhedj@redherring.hm)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 18:03:17 MDT

Dan-

Excellent advice. I was warned in the install booklet that "Xconfigurator
does not generate a correct Xfree86 config", so I kind of skipped the X
configuration part of the the install, and then copied over it with my old
XF86Config, which was for the same version of X. Am I correct in assuming
that the installer uses Xautoconfig and not Xconfigurator?

Anyway, thanks again--everything is working perfectly (even if I had to do
a Ximian Gnome installation by hand--204 packages! Whew!)

I must say that I have always been impressed by Yellow Dog, as this is my
second Powerbook running YDL (I had a G3 Lombard last summer w/Champion
server 1.2); when I heard that the G4 Titanium was (officially) supported,
I jumped at the chance to get rid of my buggy LinuxPPC installation.

Now I'm off to get the CD audio working!

--DJ