Cheap ATA Cards?

Subject: Cheap ATA Cards?
From: Bryn Hughes (linux@demian.shacknet.nu)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 14:26:40 MDT

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if YDL will work with any of those cheap ATA cards you
see all too often in the PC world? I figure they probably won't be
bootable, but I'm wondering if I could put say, two promise ATA cards
into my YDL machine and have ATA support? I know that the Mac itself
can't boot off of one of these cards and I'm imagining that YDL can't
either (the cards won't be recognized by the Mac at boot time), but
if I were to boot off a SCSI drive and have the rest of my (non-boot
time) partitions on ATA drives?

Bryn