Re: Cheap ATA Cards?

Subject: Re: Cheap ATA Cards?
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 17:00:26 MDT

The 2.4.4 kernel update tonight that will include support
for the Sonnet Tempo ATA card. The great thing about this card
is it is supported by MacOS too! The Linux driver is for 2.4.4 only, but
it is simple enough to replace the installer's 'vmlinux' with the 2.4.4
one and it will "just work" for installing onto a drive connected to the
Sonnet. The only trick after that is for New World machines, the kernel
yaboot will be setup to use (/boot/vmlinux) will be a 2.2.19 kernel,
so you have to boot once off of the 2.4.4 vmlinux from your MacOS
partition .. thn install the proper 2.4.4. rpms and you're gold!

More details tonight.. we have two machines running on these cards..
very slick :-)

--

Regards, Dan Burcaw Terra Soft Solutions, Inc. http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/