YDL 2.0 & 6400/200

Subject: YDL 2.0 & 6400/200
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 15:52:31 MDT

I recently recieved my copy of YDL 2 today, so I immediately read all
the install notes, and then proceeded to install.

I'm using BootX of course, so I select the ramdisk image and proceed
to boot into Linux. The bootloader continues until the following
happens:

<SNIP>
Yellow Dog Install init version 2.0 starting
mounting /proc filesystem... done
kmod: failed to exec /sbi/modprobe -s -k usbdevfs, errno = 2
mounting /proc/bus/usb filesystem... failed

I can't recover from this.

Then it just sits there blinking the cursor on the next line. Is
there something I'm not getting here? I've tried both the x11 and the
text ramdisk images, and both give me the same problem.

My setup is as follows:

Performa 6400/200
108 MB RAM
700 MB SCSI HD (Mac OS 9 -- HFS)
2.4 GB IDE HD (Linux)
MacSense 10/100 NIC Card
ATI XClaim128 Graphic Card
Apple Performa Color Monitor (640x480x16x67.2)
Color StyleWriter 2400
Apple Desktop Bus Mouse II (ADB)
AppleDesign Keyboard (ADB)

Thanks in advance