Re: Where is pdisk?

Subject: Re: Where is pdisk?
From: Hollis (hollis-lists@austin.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 22:25:18 MDT

On Sunday 17 June 2001 00:00, you wrote:
> I have done the dev install and then find -name pdisk (as su root
> from /)and there is no pdisk to be found.

pdisk is a buggy program; you shouldn't use it. Instead please try GNU
parted, which is significantly more robust and has many more features.

As an aside, running 'find /' doesn't usually make sense except as a hard
disk stress test. Try using 'locate', which will also return results much
faster. :)

> Also, is there an easy way to work out what version a prog is?

rpm comes in handy here. Try 'rpm -q parted' for example (or -qi if you want
more information).

-Hollis