YDL 2.0 - when is final going to be final?

Subject: YDL 2.0 - when is final going to be final?
From: William Max Fredericksen (bill@spectrumgraphix.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 09:19:43 MDT

Guys,

this may seem to be an odd comment, but I'm more of a mac user than linux
user so bear with me please...

When is YDL 2.0 final going to actually be final? in other words, when will
I be able to install from CD a YDL system using the 2.4.3 or better kernel,
Ximian Gnome 1.4 with Nautilus, etc. and have it all work without jumping
thru hoops? I'm currently messing with Mandrake 8 PPC which has it's own
problems (being beta 1) but currently installs all these things with a
minumum of hiccups and headaches...

I have waited a long time for YDL 2.0, and I have faith in it's developers
and love the community feeling here... but I don't really want to take
another 6 months of experimentation to get a working system - is it possible
to, say, when Ximian Gnome 1.4 and the other packages that the x86 crowd has
now become available, put out an update CD/iso image to run Yup from or boot
from that will handle it all? or for that matter to update the iso images on
the FTP site so they have the latest versions of everything ready to install
(in other words, so they are more current)?

just curious...

Bill Fredericksen