Re: bootx vs. yaboot on new world macs

Subject: Re: bootx vs. yaboot on new world macs
From: William Max Fredericksen (mouenblade01@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 21:31:53 MDT

Thanks for the info, I'll have to try again, might make life easier as a
result of what else I found out. I did some more digging, apart from a
conflict between Mac OS 9.1 and BootX 1.3.1 I believe it was, there still
seems to be no reason not to use it if you can (though anyone running a
G4/Digital Audio or better can't, 'cause they require OS 9.1 or better - the
G4/AGP ran on 8.6 default), although I'd like some clarifiacation on
"undesirable settings" as I'm not sure what you're referring to there. At
the time I was using it on the B&W G3, I was running OS 8.6 hence no
conflict.

thanks again
Bill Fredericksen

on 6/18/01 3:35 PM, "David C. Hacker, DVM" <dh55145@alltel.net> at