RE: Re: Why isn't /usr/doc populated in YDL 2.0?

Subject: RE: Re: Why isn't /usr/doc populated in YDL 2.0?
From: Philippe L. Houze (plhydl@blackdiamondltd.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 14:34:01 MDT

Hi Chris,

Thank you for pointing the docs to Netatalk. I had installed "everything", but I am still short of Netatalk docs. Besides a rather confusing "netatalk.conf.5" and a "readme.unix" which points out that Linux is now using Appletalk... not too much. Am I missing something?

I finally succeeded in installing a pingable network of some sort, using the original onboard ethernet (PPC 9600/350) at 10Mbps. I now would like to run Netatalk. Are there some specifics I should know about?

I tried also Telnet but always got a refused connection. Need to allow "user" on the other machine?

TIA,
Philippe.