corrupt rpm database + other sticky problems

Subject: corrupt rpm database + other sticky problems
From: n_ki (nik@f0.am)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 11:17:13 MDT

hi,
 ive got ydl2 up + running on my lombard g3 laptop with most of the
mod-cons, mostly functioning.

there are still a few, hopefully minor changes to get it working
smoothly, and only one rather large problem :)

for no apparent reason my rpm database is corrupted, rpm --initdb and
--rebuilddb coredumps, queries coredump, and anything else using the rpm
database does the same thing (unsurprisingly!)

any ideas on how to fix this? a search on the rpm-list only suggested a
bug report at redhat.

smaller issues.

mol - apple-key doesnt get passed thru to the macOS.

using the kde keyboard changing utility (including the keyboard selector
during the install) provides incorrect keymaps. looks like its only
using the i386 and not mac keymaps. once changed, it stays broken, and
is not possible to reset via the gui.

on kde, any good workarounds for lack of copy/paste in the terminal
wondow?

2nd+3rd mouse button emulaiton doesnt seem to work

glibc 2.2.1 has a few pesky bugs, updating to 2.2.3 might be preferable
for the downloadable release.

and finally, is there a patch for xfree86 to get video acceleration
working for the rage mobiltiy chipset? i know there was a version of
4.0.99 that supposedly supported acceleration, but it had some other
problems for me.