Dual boot Linux and Linux?

Subject: Dual boot Linux and Linux?
From: Doug Philips (dgou@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 14:41:57 MDT

I've decided to go whole hog Linux on my iMac, and no dual boot with MacOS.
Then I got to thinking, and reflecting on the messages and web site info
about the 2.4 kernel. I then thought, well, hey, I'm not ready to go to the
2.4 kernel, but to play, I'd like to have it. So, I'd like to set up my
system to dual boot 2.2 and 2.4. Ideally I'd like to have the same swap
partition and most of the same file system partitions, esp. for the rpms
that'll run under either kernel.

Can yaboot do this?
How do I get yaboot do this?

I'm a linux newbie but not a unix newbie--so I don't know if there is
anythin' 'bout linux that would make this kind of setup not work or painful?

Comments, suggestions, etc. welcome,
Thanks,
        -Doug