Re: Is yup a terminal program?

Subject: Re: Is yup a terminal program?
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 17:32:07 MST

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> This is probably so basic it's just ... oh never mind :)
>
> I'm trying to run yup and don't find it in any of the x-menus, like
> YellowDog utilities or system or K or Gnome utilities or system.
>
> When I go to shell and say "run yup"
>
> I get No such file or directory.
>
> If I go "yup update" it says command not found.
>
> When I search for "yup"
>
> I get
> /usr/lib/yup
>
> and
>
> /usr/sbin/yup
>
> is something missing (thought this was part of a basic install)?

/usr/sbin/yup is the yup program. To run it open a terminal window and type:

/usr/sbin/yup update

of course I've hosed my configuration a bit so I get the following:

Reading RPM database... (100%)
Performing dependencies sanity check...

Error: Unable to satisfy dependency kdelibs = 2.0 for package kdelibs-devel

Your mileage may vary...
-pat