Newbie Problem installing on b/w G3

Subject: Newbie Problem installing on b/w G3
From: Judy & Jane (judyb_janes@clear.net.nz)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 19:13:40 MST

Have installed the BootX (v. 1.2.2) extension and control panel and put
VMLinux and ramdisk.image.gz in the system folder. When I invoke BootX from
Control Panels and select Linux, the screen goes blank and my HD spins down
and then... nothing, that's how it stays until I reboot. I have tried
checking the No Video Driver box and trying all the different video kernel
arguments as well as trying it with No Video unchecked - nothing makes any
difference.
Anyone had same problem or can think of obvious solution ?

Thanks

JB