Re: I know this has been asked, but I STILL can't get YDL to workon my powerbook

Subject: Re: I know this has been asked, but I STILL can't get YDL to workon my powerbook
From: William K. Gibson (firstdesk@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 07:43:52 MST

on 3/8/01 8:39 AM, Timothy Morgenthaler at tamorgen@aol.net wrote:

> 0> boot hd:9,\\yaboot can't OPEN: hd:9,\\yaboot
>
> As I have said, yaboot is in the systme folder, and hda9 is formated as HFS,
> not HFS+, or more to the point, in OS 9's install "Standard" not "Extended".
> It just doesn't seem like it can access that drive for some reason.

Hmmm, not trying to insult you but could this possibly be pilot error? Are
you absolutely sure that yaboot is on partition 9?

Try this:

 boot hd:9,\\:tbxi

and see if the Mac OS boots off that drive (don't forget the colon). If it
does not then there is a problem somewhere.

I believe that you can put yaboot (and the other files) on the root of the
drive itself (i.e. not in the system folder) and you can try:

 boot hd:x,\yaboot

where x is the partition.

This stuff can be a real pain I know. I've just been through it all with my
new powerbook. Now I have to go through all the configuration problems with
X windows and the like. Ugh.

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com