Re: non-root use of dsl connection?

Subject: Re: non-root use of dsl connection?
From: Brett Humphreys (bhumphre@cs.ohiou.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 17:21:25 MST

I'm really not sure about your issue with dsl,
but for hostname check out
/etc/HOSTNAME

where there should be just one line, the name of your computer..
also check out /etc/sysconfig/network

mine reads:

[bhumphre@anna bhumphre]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network
HOSTNAME=anna
NETWORKING=yes
FORWARD_IPV4=false
IPADDR="128.10.1.1"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 ${IPADDR} netmask ${NETMASK}

and

[bhumphre@anna bhumphre]$ cat /etc/HOSTNAME
anna

hope that helps.