Re: 2.4.2 Kernel build

Subject: Re: 2.4.2 Kernel build
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 11:35:09 MST

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Brian Waite wrote:

> Just a quick note I picked up about a week ago on the Linus v PPC debate. It
> is looking like 2.4.3 from Alan will finally be up to date for the PPC. It
> is only one step, but a huge one.
>
> From: Cort Dougan <cort@fsmlabs.com> on 03/02/2001 04:14:21 PM
> To: linuxppc-commit@ftsoj.fsmlabs.com
> cc: (bcc: Brian Waite/CSP)
> Subject: Good news for v2.4.2-ac9 and v2.4.3
>
> v2.4.2-ac9 is in sync with our tree. It compiles and boots so we look to
> be in good shape for a v2.4.3 that works correctly WRT Linux/PPC.

The bulk of changes actually did go in (after months of silence), somewhere
around 2.4.1pre something iirc. What Cort is referring to is the remaining
difference.

It should also be noted that Alan->Linus is not a guaranteed thing; at one
point recently Linus took all updates from Alan *except* the PPC fixes.

-Hollis

P.S. I don't know what mailer you're using, but it has some of the yuckiest
formatting I've seen ever. :)