OF "can't open hd:.\\bootscript" HELP!

Subject: OF "can't open hd:.\\bootscript" HELP!
From: Robert Thombley (elvisisgod@usa.net)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 22:33:07 MST

Help... I just installed CS 1.2.1 today on my cube (os 9.0.4) and I'm having a
hell of a time getting yaboot to work. I've copied bootscript, yaboot.conf,
yaboot, vmlinux, and ramdisk.image.gz to my HFS partitioned mac os drive. My
yaboot.conf file says:
"image=hd:9,\\\\vmlinux
novideo
label=linux
root=/dev/hda11"

and i type "setenv boot-device hd:,\\bootscript"
in OF, but i always get a "can't OPEN hd:\\bootscript" error.
What's going on?
the only possibility i can think of is that my Mac OS partition set up is
preventing the OF from finding the bootscript file. I have the following set
up: a 30 gig drive with a 20 gig hfs+ partitioned drive (my main Macos
partition) this is the "main" drive. I also have a second 3 gig partition
which has a small install of OS 9, and is hfs standard partitioned. This is
the drive i am trying to install yaboot on. I think what is going on is that
OF is looking on the HFS+ drive for bootscript. how do i change this, if this
is indeed the problem.

Please help me, i spent 5 hours restarting and typing to no avail. I am quite
stuck.