Installing on B&W g3

Subject: Installing on B&W g3
From: Anders Svensson (anders@simusoft.dk)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 00:27:05 MST

Hi

I Can't get the installer to work on my B&W g3

After installing Mac 0S 0 on a hfs partition, and copying BootX,
bootx extension, vmlinux, and ramdisk.image.gz to their appropriate
places on my harddisk, I start BootX.

I select no video driver, ramdisk is set to 8192, and in options only
Use specified RAM disk is selected.

When I select linux, the screen turns black and nothing else happens ?????

Any suggetions????

I mad sure that vmlinux and ramdisk.image.gz was downloaded in binary
mode, and I have tried to add different video modes as described in
the manual, but same result - black screen?????

Anders Svensson

--
Simu Soft
Anders Svensson