Re: Linux Networking Hell

Subject: Re: Linux Networking Hell
From: Elliott (kilowatt@cinci.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 22:39:13 MST

Hey, did you ever get that to work? I had similar problems. I even
purchased another ethernet card, and it wouldn't work either. I think
yellowdog may have a bit of a problem supporting two ethernet cards...
the Kernel seams to sort of decide which card is eth0 and eth1 on
startup, which I found annoying. And, when I finally did get something
to kinda work, the card refused to slow down to 10mbit/sec. (it workes
fine in OS9, soon to be OSX). Well, I gave up on ydl linux all together,
because networking was the main reason I got it. Not to mention the fact
that my sound didn't work, I couldn't use both of my monitors (not even
the on-board ati - only the ati orion card), my usb mouse didn't work,
and my FireWire cdrw drive will never work under linux..... oh well... I
don't have much patients with this stuff. Let me know if you get that
network setup. Maybe i'll stop complaining and get to work on my box.
kilowatt@cinci.rr.com