Re: How to set hostname in YDL 2.1?

Subject: Re: How to set hostname in YDL 2.1?
From: Ren Bourion (rene.bourion@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 03:55:31 MST

le 03/03/02 10:34, Ben Stanley à bds02@uow.edu.au a écrit :

> Things to check:
> 1) That lpd is running
> You might use
> service lpd start
> or
> service lpd restart
> as root in a command terminal. (If you become root by su, you might need
> to use /usr/sbin/service )
>
> 2) Maybe the printer is not configured correctly (spooling disabled?).
> Try running printtool to re-configure your printer. Specifically, try
> creating a new printer to represent your current device and see if that
> works.

Thanks to Ben and Sean who have offered advice.

It turned out that the lp printing queue had got broken (why and how I don't
know). After rebuilding it with printtool, things are back in order. The
printer appears as lp@sirius as it should, and there was no need to edit
/etc/hosts.

Thanks again.

R.B.