Re: Yup problems =]

Subject: Re: Yup problems =]
From: Geert Janssens (geert.janssens3@pandora.be)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 04:02:44 MST

I'm surprised. This question pops up daily at the list. It makes me
think there is something wrong with the information/documentation system
around linux/YDL.

Don't get me wrong. It's not my intention to point a finger at anyone.
It just caught my attention.

I checked the YDL website for curiosity. There is a yup How To, but that
doesn't really cover this problem, only the general usage of yup.

What I would suggest as a solution in this case is what has been
suggested before (I'll just repeat it for you here once more sfalken ;-) ):
§ yup clean all
§ yup config dist and/or yup config mirror

This comes back and back again in the list archives.

I wonder, would it be time to start some kind of a YDL FAQ ? At a
location, easily accissible, and containing a answers to frequently
asked questions on this list.

Just a thought. What do you people think ? Would that be something useful ?

Geert