spelling not working in openoffice 641c

Subject: spelling not working in openoffice 641c
From: Adam (adamhadm@frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 23:48:49 MST

I got every thing installed just fine and running well except for the
dictionaries. I get these errors when auto spelling is enabled.

Error - could not open dictionary description file
Failure loading dictionary list
Hash Manager Error : 1
Error - could not open affix description file
/home/adam/OpenOffice.org641/user/wordbook/en_US.aff
Failure loading aff file
/home/adam/OpenOffice.org641/user/wordbook/en_US.aff

Any clues to how to get the spell check to work? I have gone through
the lists and openoffice.org and could not find info on the latest
release.

Thanks,
-adam