Re: printer next?

Subject: Re: printer next?
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 19:46:59 MST

Cal Grandy wrote:

> At 12:42 PM 3/14/2002 +1100, you wrote:
>
> Setting the lpd to begin at startup didn't work, but putting in the
> servcie lpd start at root prompt did. I suppose I shall have to do
> that every session.

You must have done something wrong then... startup means starting the
machine, not logging in...

I suggest you try the instructions again. I think in YDL 2.1 the tool it
brings up is a GUI tool, so the services which are started will have a
checkbox which is ticked or something. Make sure the box in front of lpd
is ticked. To test that you got this right, you will have to reboot.

Ben.