Re: When will the YDL 2.2 iso be available for FTP download?

Subject: Re: When will the YDL 2.2 iso be available for FTP download?
From: Eric D. (liriodendron@mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 08:26:32 MST

What version numbering sequence does YDL use?

I saw a little article in a local free computer paper and they had an
interesting take on the different numbering schemes used for the different
distros.

6.x, 7.x, etc. for RedHat, Mandrake simply took RedHat's 5.0 and built on
it, Suse (was it that) followed the numbering scheme on the kernel.

Even second digit meant stable, odd meant beta.

Is YDL based off the kernel's version # (I thought the kernel was up to
2.4)?

Eric.