Re: yup! for x86?

Subject: Re: yup! for x86?
From: John Schmidt (jas@netbrick.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 20:04:50 MST

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 06:10 pm, you wrote:
> I had what may be a stupid question, but what the heck.
>
> I really like yup!. It does what it says, and is far less confusing than
> what I've tried on my Redhat box as far as their package managers. If I got
> the source could I build it on my Redhat machine? Would it do any good? I'm
> not sure what list it compares against to tell if everything's up to date,
> so maybe it wouldn't have any x86 architecture .rpms listed anyway. But I
> thought it was worth a shot to ask.
>
> -Rob

I believe that yup is just a bunch of python scripts, so installation on any
machine that has python installed shouldn't be an issue. The real gotcha is
that a distribution needs to support the layout that yup expects. There may
be one for x86 based on rpm, but I am not familiar with it. I think by its
nature, it is supposed to be architecture neutral.

John