re: PPP Problems w/ CS 1.2

Subject: re: PPP Problems w/ CS 1.2
From: Greg DaCosta (atmgreg@theprovider.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 07:56:02 MDT

After reformatting and reinstalling and updating kernels several
times, I finally have CS 1.2 finding and using the internal modem on
my G4/400 rage128Pro, but I can't seem to get PPP active. The modem
dials and connects, but it just sits there waiting for PPP
handshaking. The DNS entries are all correct, the phone number
obviously is correct and it sees the modem, but no go. If I use
'netcfg &' and try to activate ppp0, it will dial, connect, timeout,
and begin redialing again. However, the rest of the controls
(deactivate, edit, cancel, close) don't work and the only way to get
out is to close the terminal window.

This is really frustrating. BTW- I'm using CS 1.2, Xpmac.rev10, and
2.2.15pre19 .

Thanks in advance,

   Greg
Greg DaCosta