Re: Graphics Quality in X

Subject: Re: Graphics Quality in X
From: Robert Fout (rfout@damien.edu)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 15:49:53 MDT

Make sure you have an X Server that uses your video's hardware acceleration.
There is a build of an X Server that includes ATI Rage XX support (supports
the various kinds of ATI Rage hardware). I use version 10 of Xpmac.
http://www.linuxppc.org/news/xpmac.new.shtml

That made a HUGE difference for me, the opaque window moves were sooo much
smoother, as is scrolling.

Bob
"The knack to flying is learning how to
throw yourself at the ground and miss."

From "Life the Universe and Everything"
by Douglas Adams

Robert Fout
MacOS Guru and MkLinux/Yellowdog Linux User
rfout@damien.edu
http://osx.damien.edu/rfout/
ICQ# 48433406