Re: linuxppc2000 VS YDL

Subject: Re: linuxppc2000 VS YDL
From: Jeremy Knope (swttiggr2@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 17:28:17 MDT

not really any difference at all, that installer hang,
where does it hang? i know i had that with 1.2, had to
use the kernel that came with their's instead of the
kernel i made. i must say YDL's mascot is cuter
tho... :-D heh... there are some messages in
linuxppc-user list earlier on that you can search for
that have discussed this, but to my recolection, the
main difference is the installers. i found when
dealing with LPPC 1999 and YDL 1.1, that YDL had sound
working fine but for some reason sound didn't work
right in Linuxppc, but that shouldn't be an issue,
that must have been a quirk... well anyway. i'm sure
some other people will have other things to add
  -Jeremy

=====
Jeremy T. Knope <jerome@knopej1.umeres.maine.edu>