Installing PHP, MySQL

Subject: Installing PHP, MySQL
From: Matt Gersting (mgersting@pushhere.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 07:03:07 MDT

Hey all...
I've installed YDL on my B&W G3, and everything would appear to be running
fine (well, no sound, but that's not my biggest concern at the moment). The
whole purpose of my deciding to learn Linux is so that I might also learn to
use Apache, PHP, and MySQL. I am developing a web site combining these
technologies.

Anyway, Apache is up an running (I believe). They way I checked this was to
run sbin/ifconfig eth0 to find my IP, and then plug that into the browser.
It goes to the default page (home/httpd/html/default.html).

I can also open default.html is a text editor, modify and save the document,
reload my browser and see the changes.

I know the YDL comes with PHP on the installer, and I believe I saw the
installer do something with it as it installed. Unfortunately, when I test
the PHP capabilites by placing a simple PHP tag in default.html and reload
the page, the server doesn't interpret it.

I've looked all through the list archives and on literally dozens of sites
for help. I am totally new to Linux, but not an idiot, and even those
so-called "newbie" sites assume WAAAAAY to much. Anyways, I'm looking for a
little help.

Thanks guys.
Matt