ybin/X/lombard

Subject: ybin/X/lombard
From: A S Hodel (a.s.hodel@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 09:06:09 MDT

I recently upgraded my macos to 9.1 on a 333 MHz lombard (bronze) PB,
and so changed from bootX to yaboot using the ybin function. There are
two resulting artifacts I don't know how to handle:

- Under bootX I checked the "no video driver" box and things worked fine.
   Under yaboot, if I select the novideo option, the colors under X are
   very messed up. With video acceleration set up, I've got strange mis-drawn
   lines under some applications (xfig). Any suggestions here would be
   much welcome.

- If I boot linux successively (twice in a row), the boot process ends
   with the following messages:

hda: Enabling multiword DMA 2
    : [information about my disk drive appears here]
hdc: Enabling multiword DMA 2
hdc: Enabling multiword DMA 2

[hangs]

A work-around is to boot macos, then reboot into linux. I cannot
boot linux twice in a row, however, and don't have the know-how to know
what the problem may be.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A. S. Hodel