Re: FYI... PPP, Network errors, packet loss - FIX

Subject: Re: FYI... PPP, Network errors, packet loss - FIX
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 13:59:22 MDT

Hi,

  hmmm... I will take a look at Tim's suggestions, but I was wondering if
it would be appropriate for me to post my debug information to the
list. Specifically, I have a text file with the output from pppd, the
output to /var/log/messages, and the output of route before and after the
ppp connection is established. Currently I am connecting by running:

pppd call un

Where un is a file in my /etc/ppp/peers directory that looks like:

ttyS0
115200
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat-un'
10.1.0.1:10.1.0.2
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
debug
hide-password
kdebug 1
modem
name tuckerb@ma
noauth
nodetach
crtscts
defaultroute

and chat-un looks like:

ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT "ERROR"
ABORT "NO ANSWER"
ABORT "BUSY"
"" "at"
OK "atdt########"
"CONNECT"

The output file is about 5k, so I don't want to post it to the list if
the attachment is too large. But if people do not mind, let me know so I
can get some help debugging my set up. Thanks!!

Mike