Re: libstdc++ problems

Subject: Re: libstdc++ problems
From: Steve Bush (Steve.Bush@AUC.TRW.Com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 10:41:14 MST

> I installed YDL 1.2 from CD on my PowerCurve 120 (see specs below) and

> when I went to run startx, I got a message stating the following
> file is missing:
>
> libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3
Hollis wrote:

I don't understand why... that's definately installed as part of the
default installation. rpm -q libstdc++ for me? If it's not installed,
check /tmp/install.log to see if there was an error installing from the
CD.
Hollis,
Thanks for the tip. I looked at /tmp/install.log and about 10 packages
didn't make it, and libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 was one. Looks like
several bad files
on my CD. (...cpio bad magic...)

I found a good copy from the YDL web page and rpm'd it - viola! works
like a champ now. Not only did X come right up, it had no
problems recognizing my Rage Orien graphics card.

I tried the 2.2.17 kernel from the YDL web site, but, it wouldn't allow
me to mount hfs
(Mac filesystems) or iso9660 CDs. I tried 2.2.15pre3, from the
Linux2000
CD and that allows me to mount hfs and iso9660 filesystems. I'll try
2.2.17
again, just in case one of the packages I loaded later makes a
difference.

So,
Just in case anyone was wondering, YDL works OK on this configuration:

PowerCurve 120, MacOS 8.1, Bootx 1.2.2, vmlinux from 1.2 CD,
Sonnet G3, ATI Rage Orien video, 176 MB RAM, Apple CDROM,
Fujitsu SCSI drive formatted using Charismac (FWB competitor)
Kernel 2.2.15pre3 (from Linux2000 CD)

Thanks,
Steve

--