Re: YUP issues

Subject: Re: YUP issues
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 16:37:30 MST

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 05:13:01PM -0500, Tony Yazbeck wrote:
>The way I updated to the 2.2.17 kernel was simply by downloading the 2.2.17
>kernel rpm as well as the new recompiled 'vmlinux' files from your ftp site.
>I installed the kernel using rpm -I, and then when I restarted simply
>selected the new vmlinux file from Bootx.

This seems ok, but there is no -I option in rpm (I just checked the help
file...) Did you use -i or -U?

>Is there something wrong with how I did this. The message I get simply tells
>me that I already have the kernel, but when it does that, yup just stops
>without updating the rest of the things that need updating.

I still can't think of what might be cauing the error you're getting in
yup unless I know what the exact error message is...

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.           | Software Engineer
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/   | bstill@terraplex.com