Re: Installing with a kernel other than the one on the CD?

Subject: Re: Installing with a kernel other than the one on the CD?
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 15:20:56 MST

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Stephen R. Anderson wrote:
>OK, the problem seems to be that I have the newer ATTO card,
>ExpressPCIProUL3D, and that doesn't work (according to the list
>archive). So perhaps if I use a later kernel?

 Ack! I went through the exact same thing you did. Unfortunately this card
doesn't work with Linux (yet). I had 3 of them and I managed to return two
and saved one to lend to anyone willing to develop a driver for it. What
you need to do is to downgrade to the ExpressPCIProUL2, it works without
any problems (I have the ExpressPCIProUL2D in one machine and the
ExpressPCIProLVD - an ultra2 card - in another).

 Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada