Re: kde2 :)

Subject: Re: kde2 :)
From: Sam Moore (smoo@lungta.org)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 21:55:17 MST

OK, I've now installed qt, lesstif, and all the KDE2 rpm's except for kdeadmin
(problem with bzip), as well as OpenSSL, OpenSSH and zlib.

Now, upon startx, I get a grey screen, followed by a return to the console and
the following:

xset: bad font path element (#37), possible causes are:
   Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
   Directory missing fonts.dir
   Incorrect font server address or syntax
xset: bad font path element (#37), possible causes are:
   Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
   Directory missing fonts.dir
   Incorrect font server address or syntax
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dl-version.c: 210: _dl_check_map_versions:
Assertion 'needed != ((void *)0)' failed!
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Trying to launch kdeinit.
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dl-version.c: 210: _dl_check_map_versions:
Assertion 'needed != ((void *)0)' failed!
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup DCOP communication.
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dl-version.c: 210: _dl_check_map_versions:
Assertion 'needed != ((void *)0)' failed!

::sigh:: well, at least GNOME is still working.

Any hints appreciated.

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>
dba Windhorse Studio * Maps & Information Design

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."