Re: 8500/150 and YDL (Getting better!)

Subject: Re: 8500/150 and YDL (Getting better!)
From: Adrian Madrid (aemadrid@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 09:43:22 MST

Thanks Ole, you the man!

--- Ole Kristoffer Apeland
> You have to put the BootX app in the contolpanel
> folder inside the
> systemfolder, the +(dot)bootx goes into your
> extensionsfolder. Then create
> a folder named "Linux Kernels" in the systemfolder
> (and plase the kernels
> there;-). then you copy the ramdisk image to the
> root of the
> systemfolder... That should be suffisiant to start
> the BootX first thing
> when you boot your machine;-)
>
> Also: You should dowload the new bootx.sit from
> ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/

I did all that and I finally got it to boot with the
os manager. Now I got it to the point that I need to
repartition the HD. It says that I can't use druid so
I'm going with fdisk.

Now this is my dilemma: should I wipe out the
partitions, should I leave some, what should I do? I
read somewhere that it can't boot straight to Linux,
that it needs to load in mac and then go into linux.
Here it goes the partition map:

#: type name length @ base size
1: Apple_partition_map Apple 63 @ 1
2: Apple_Driver43*Macintosh 64 @ 64