Re: httpd and atalk restart? (Another new guy on an 8500)

Subject: Re: httpd and atalk restart? (Another new guy on an 8500)
From: Peter M. Bagnall (pete@surfaceeffect.com)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 04:21:32 MST

>Is there a way to restart the Apache server and netatalk/atalk without
>having to reboot? 8500s rock!

you need to look into the init.d scripts.

Inside /etc/rc.d/init.d there should be a script called httpd and atalk (or
is it atalkd, I don't remember). All the scripts in init.d work pretty much
the same way.

Take apache as an example...

to start it do

/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

to stop

/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop

and to restart

/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart

Pretty much all services follow start and stop, many obey restart. You can
of course read the scripts if you like.

If you need to know more then I'd be happy to go over the init process in
more detail.

Pete

--
Peter M. Bagnall