ppp and the 2.4.x kernels

Subject: ppp and the 2.4.x kernels
From: Pat Plummer (ppat@fmtc.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 14:29:57 MST

I am trying to get ppp working with YDL 2.1 and the default 2.4.10-12a kernel
on an iMac 400SE. For now I have gone back to the previous 2.2.19 kernel as
it works well with ppp.

Near as I can tell from the archives and elsewhere, I need to have ppp 2.4.1,
but cannot just update to it as I need the pam-devel-0.72-37b rpm which is
not in the 2.1 release. rpm-find was not helpful as I would need to use a
later release of pam, pam-devel, and glibc to install ppp2.4.1.

Are there precompiled rpms available somewhere else that might help out? Any
other suggestions?

Pat

--
Embrace the penguin...