Re: Easy way to set up Samba and NETATALK?

Subject: Re: Easy way to set up Samba and NETATALK?
From: Nathan A. McQuillen (nm@steaky.dhs.org)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 14:01:33 MST

AFAIK, the documentation will be the same as for netatalk and samba on x86
Red Hat. I don't think there are any PPC-specific issues, at least for
basic setup. Of course, the binary RPM format is different... but you knew
that.

Samba is admittedly a little trickier than netatalk, but there are a few
good web-based admin tools for setting up samba shares (SWAT is included
in the samba rpms now, I believe), and for a simple setup it shouldn't be
that tough to deal with.

What sorts of errors are you getting?

- N