Re: YDL 2.1 will not boot on my iBook Dual USB (ISO Questions)

Subject: Re: YDL 2.1 will not boot on my iBook Dual USB (ISO Questions)
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 15:49:54 MST

> I can confirm that the fuji 2.1 ISO on ftp.yellowdoglinux.com was
> only 18 MB previously and is only 52 MB now. There are also no 2.1
> RPMS on ftp.yellowdoglinux.com. However, working with a friend, we
> downloaded the fuji 2.1 ISO from ftp.ibiblio.org which was the full
> size (the 2.1 RPMS were also all out there), and verified the md5sum.

The psu mirror has the complete iso, and the md5sum checks, as I said
before, so this is not my problem.

<snip advice>

Yes, I know that these are the most common newbie problems. I don't
think that I fell into any of these traps though. :) I have been using
YDL since 1.2.1, and have not had any problems in the past of this sort.
I certainly don't use MacOS to burn CDs, so that should not be a problem.

One thing about my setup: I have OS X.1 and 9.2.1 installed on my
machine. Is it possible that something changed in open firmware or the
disk drivers?

Could people please email me 1) Whether or not they have had success
with a burned 2.1 and 2) What the latest version of MacOS they had
installed was?

I'm grasping at straws, but I thought about the usual problems, and I
don't seem to have any of them. :(

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science                 http://www.derandomized.org/