Re: Polling SCSI bus

Subject: Re: Polling SCSI bus
From: Nathan A. McQuillen (nm@steaky.dhs.org)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 12:44:24 MST

Right. I've been doing it for years and years, even (cover your eyes!! the
horror!!) using a DB-25 switchbox (unmount drives on Machine 1, switch
chain via box to machine 2, run Drive Setup, command-M, drives pop up all
happy -- blasphemy i know but having dealt with replacing a few HDI SCSI
ports on Powerbooks I'd rather do just about anything that doesn't
repeatedly stress the ports). Anyway, I don't want to do anything that
heinous here, just want to be able to load data onto a drive I'm
eventually going to be using with a Debian install on a Powerbook 170
(only 6MB of RAM, so I have to work without a boot ramdisk) and disconnect
and reconnect the drive a few times without having to take my whole system
down.

Might it work to compile a kernel with only module scsi support, then
unload and reload the module to rescan?

- N2