Re: Updating to YDL 2.1

Subject: Re: Updating to YDL 2.1
From: Donn Tarris (donntarris@telus.net)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 00:34:14 MST

On Monday, November 5, 2001, at 10:53 PM, BX wrote:

> Ok, i have a working YDL 2.0, and want to know, as I am downloading the
> YDL 2.1 iso, is if there is a graceful way to install it over 2.0
> without killing whats already there.. or will i have to recompile all
> my apps and install them?

Before I decided to completely wipe and do a clean install just for the
sake of it, I ran the 2.1 installer CD I burnt from the download on my
2.0 installation and it told me which files were the latest and which it
would upgrade. I'm NOT sure what it would do with folders/directories
where you had your documents, but it's always good practice to back up a
working system before attempting a relatively major upgrade.
When I did the clean install, I did the server package first, and then
ran the installer with another package chosen (Office one). I had to
click "OK" to all of the files it wouldn't replace that were common to
both installs, but in the end it all ended up where it was supposed to
be. I don't know if my method was unorthodox or not, but it worked for
me.
Tech stuff: PowerCurve 601/120/no cache/96MB RAM/2.5 Gb Drive/17" third
party display.

Good luck!
Donn