Re: Kernel building?

Subject: Re: Kernel building?
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 16:40:35 MST

On 11/12/01 1:55 PM, "Timothy A. Seufert" <tas@mindspring.com> wrote:

> At 8:16 PM -0800 11/11/01, Mark Jaffe wrote:
>> Is there a step-by-step description to configuring and building the kernel
>> online somewhere? I know there may be ix86 sites where this is described,
>> but do we have one for PPC?
>
> Very few things are different. (snip) >

Thanks, Tim. I'm well on the way, with the exception of RealTek networking.
See, there seems to be a problem with this machine's networking and I bought
a NIC with the RTL8139 chipset. Except that this won't compile for me. I've
emailed the author, but I wonder if anyone on this list has enabled this
device and built successfully. It is failing in "make modules" with a number
of compile errors. Anyone with knowledge, please email me off-list with a
solution. TIA

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/