Hard Drive Install

Subject: Hard Drive Install
From: Shaun Krislock (skrislock@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 19:36:30 MST

Hello from Sunny Vancouver, Canada! I've been trying to get YDL2.0 onto my
Powerbook 2400c using an external SCSI CD-RW drive with no success. I think
it would be best to try an installation from the MacOS section of my hard
drive. I did a search on the archives of this list but couldn't find any
information. I copied the "YellowDog" directory to my hard disk, but when I
go through the installation process and it gets to the section where I have
to choose where to install from, it only gives me the "local CD" option
(IIRC). How do I make the installer know of the existence of the files on
my local HD? Do I have to mount the partition somehow?

As a MAJOR aside, Did you know that the new Nintendo Gamecube is powered by
a custom IBM PowerPC chip? Wouldn't it be neat to crank up some Linux on
that little baby? [Note that I said 'neat', not 'useful' ;) ]

Thanks in advance for info on that HD install.

Shaun.