Re: Monitor Display Problem-Help Please! :)

Subject: Re: Monitor Display Problem-Help Please! :)
From: Robert Serphillips (rserphillips@austin.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 00:35:03 MST

Same problem here. It's an Issue with Xfree 4.1
I'm using a Umax J700 (8500 clone)
ATI rage orion
XLR8 Mach Carrier G4 450
Sony 17" 200ES

I was able to get 1024x786 @8bits which is lousy seeing as I'm currently (ydl 2.0 xfree86 4.0.2) running at 1152x864@16bits. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I'm sticking with ydl 2.0 until all of the bugs are removed from the 2.1 update, which might be never as it's most likely an XFree issue. With this problem and the fact that the 2.4.10 kernel doesn't boot on my machine (even thought the 2.4.4 kernel works perfectly) has made the upgrade very dissapointing.